Making decisions in the modern world is difficult. How can we predict the outcome of things which have no precedent? A new illness might fundamentally change our lives and work; a single grounded ship could affect global supply chains for weeks; fighting climate change will mean fundamental changes to how the world operates.
At Silico, we believe simulation is the key, combining hard data with human knowledge and intuition, enabling foresight in the face of radical uncertainty. We’re building a platform that allows people to collaboratively build Digital Twins of business processes to evaluate transformation initiatives and process changes, monitor their implementation, and optimise ongoing operations.
We believe in a transparent, evidence-based approach to decision-making. We want to give people insight into their problems and help them reach reasoned conclusions with Digital Twins they can fully understand. We’d love for you to join us to help make this a reality.
Silico is VC funded, backed by Founders Factory, Forward Partners and Join Capital and has raised £4.5 million to date.
We’re looking to hire a Process/Operational Excellence Associate to work with our enterprise customers to develop valuable Digital Twins of their business processes and scale them up to Digital Twins of the Enterprise using our Business Process Simulation methodology. The successful Process Excellence Associate job candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in operations management, (process) transformation or improvement/excellence, consulting, and/or as a business or process analyst. We are also looking for candidates with a passion for learning about new technologies and methods.
- You will learn Business Process Simulation using our innovative Digital Twin platform to inform transformation teams, process owners, and operations managers and optimise their decisions.
- You'll be building advanced, production-grade Digital Twins in Silico. You'll have input and scope to think about how best to model our customers’ processes and business using Silico.
- You will be working in a client-facing role that requires excellent interpersonal skills, business understanding, as well as the ability to run complex projects efficiently and to tight deadlines.
- As a key internal user of the Silico software, you will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to identify and scope out product enhancements as we build our market-leading process simulation platform.
- The Process Excellence Associate will work closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Partnership teams to identify valuable use cases and inform their activities.
- 2-3 years experience in an operations management, consulting, process-related role, or a business or process analyst role
- Strong numerical skills such as data analysis, reporting, and modelling
- Demonstrable ability to manage and deliver complex projects to deadlines
- Comfortable in a client-facing role
Desirable to have knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Capacity, inventory, or supply chain management decisions
- Experience with tools such as process mapping, process mining, or process simulation
- Experience with process improvement methods such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Designing and facilitating workshops
- BI tools and reporting to decisions makers
- Simulation methods and modelling, such as System Dynamics, Discrete Event Simulation, or Agent-Based Modelling
Silico is a remote working company, but applicants must have the right to work and reside within the UK.
Perks & Benefits
- Typical £40k - £55k Salary
- Opportunity to earn Stock Options
- Additional allowances for WFH amenities and professional learning/training
- Ownership to choose approaches, and take ideas through to reality
- Private medical cover/insurance, life insurance, and income protection insurance
- 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays