Making decisions in the modern world is difficult. How can we plan and predict the outcome of new strategies, in an era of globally disruptive events? A new illness might fundamentally change our lives and work; a single grounded ship could affect global supply chains for weeks; fighting climate change will mean fundamental changes to how the world operates.
At Silico, we believe simulation is the key, combining hard data with human knowledge and intuition, enabling foresight in the face of radical uncertainty. We're building a platform which allows people to build models of their world collaboratively, simulating possible futures and optimising for a brighter outcome.
We believe in a transparent, evidence-based approach to decision-making. We want to give people insight into their problems and help them reach reasoned conclusions, with models they can fully understand. We'd love for you to join us to help make this a reality.
Silico is VC funded, backed by Founders Factory and Forward Partners, with a Seed stage currently closing.
We're looking for frontend engineers to join our growing team of 5, to help us envision and build a new kind of decision platform. We're building a collaborative visual workspace and interactive compiler, in tandem with near real-time simulation execution and results visualisation.
You'll be building with React, TypeScript and RxJS to provide the interface and experience our users see as Silico. You'll have input and scope to think about how we architect our frontend, and provide a powerful UI/UX through which our users can simulate entire enterprises.
Our tech stack consists of:
- React & Typescript frontend SPA (Next.js, RxJS)
- Rust for main API service, as well as compiler toolchain (compiled to WebAssembly)
- Additional Python, Typescript & Golang microservices
- Google Cloud Platform
- 2-3 years experience working on the frontend
- 1+ years of TypeScript usage, or other statically typed language(s)
- Good knowledge of React & ecosystem
Desirable to have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- More advanced interface rendering/interactions, e.g. SVG, Canvas or WebGL
- Building or customisation of data visualisations
- RxJS or similar tools for reactive UI
- Any of gRPC, Protobuf, GraphQL, Parquet, Arrow
- Building interpreters or compilers
Silico is a remote working company, but applicants must have the right to work and reside within the UK.
Silico is an early stage startup with big technical challenges and exciting opportunities to change how companies operate. We're mission focused, and believe the best way to accomplish big things is to give people a great place to work and the space to flourish.
As part of our early company, you'll have ample opportunity, and need, to wear multiple hats and get your hands dirty across both engineering and product concerns. We're pragmatic at heart, recognising that the right solution can range from a quick hack through to a beautifully architected masterpiece.
We want people who share our vision of a world where decisions are conceived and tested with rigour and quantitative analysis, rather than just purely gut feelings.
Perks & Benefits
- Typical £50k - £70k Salary
- Typical 0.1% - 0.25% Equity through Options
- Additional allowances for WFH amenities, and professional learning/training
- The chance and space to solve difficult problems
- Ownership to choose approaches, and take ideas through to reality